Travellers who are not insured are at risk of not only huge bills, but may also compromise their quality of care.
A medivac from Bali to Australia for example, may be in excess of $40,000AUS and this is required to be paid UPFRONT!! There is no service provided with an invoice that follows, like at home.
Here are a few tips:
- Purchase your travel insurance as soon as you book your travel. This way you are covered if you have to cancel or postpone your trip.
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition, ensure your insurer is aware.
- If you are planning on riding a motorbike on Bali or participating in any known “at risk” activities, ensure your insurance covers this and that you adhere to their limitations.
- Ensure your laptop, ipad and smart phone are covered.
- Look for an insurance provider that offers 24-hour worldwide assistance.
- If you are a frequent traveller, look into an Annual Multi-Trip policy that offers year-round cover for unlimited trips.\
- If you get robbed on your trip, notify the police within 24 hours and keep a copy of the police report for insurance purposes.
- Shop around for insurance: book online, via travel agents or via your credit card provider. Ask friends for recommendations too.
Wishing you safe travels! x
♥♥ ~ If you have enjoyed this post, click “FOLLOW”
– and receive new posts straight to your email ~
♥♥ ~ Love you to head over to my FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM pages
and hit ‘LIKE” ~ Thank-you!!