- Terima kasih – Thank-you (pronounced Treema kasi)
- Tidak – No
- (So, Tidak terima kasih is used often)
- Sama sama is a response to Thank-you. It means you are welcome.
- Permisi – Excuse me
- Jalan Jalan – Walking (This is handy to use if being hounded by Transport people on the streets)
- Apa kabar? – How are you?
- Baik – Fine/good
- Baik, terima kasih – Fine, thank you.
- Maaf – Sorry
- Tidak/Ya – No/Yes
- Nama saya – My name is…
- Selamat Pagi – Good Morning
- Selamat Siang – Good Midday
- Selamat Sore – Good Afternoon
- Selamat Malam – Good Night
- Sampai Jumpa Lagi – See you later
If you spend a little time with the locals, just about all will be more than happy to give you impromptu lessons during normal conversations to help you advance your language learning.
♥♥ ~ If you have enjoyed this post, click “FOLLOW”
and receive new posts straight to your email ~
♥♥ ~ Love you to head over to my FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM pages
and hit ‘LIKE” ~ Thank-you!!
NOTE: Comments and recommendations are based on my own personal opinions or experience, or those of close friends.